I’ve seen a recipe for these before but they call for using regular breadcrumbs. Since GF bread is not super cheap, I keep the crumbs and ends and use them for these. They’re a nice to serve as an appetizer with a dipping sauce and they’re pretty fat free.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 1 lb block of extra firm tofu, gently pressed and drained then cut into 1 inch thick sticks
- 1 1/2 c. gf breadcrumbs (tapioca/rice bread works great)
- 3 tbsps sesame seeds
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tablspoon dried parsley
- 1 Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp light tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
- 1 egg lightly beaten
You can add more salt if desired.
Lightly grease a baking sheet lined with foil. Mix the soy and worchestershire sauces and soak the tofu sticks in it. Combine all the dry ingredients and place on a shallow baking dish or large plate. Dip each tofu stick in the beaten egg and then roll in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the greased baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.